Executive Education FAQ
- Where can I find the application form for Executive Education programmes?
To protect the environment, we have replaced the hard copy of the programme application form with an electronic version. Please contact CEIBS customer service teams in Shanghai, Beijing and Shenzhen for the electronic version.
- What are the two categories of CEIBS Executive Education programmes?
- How can I apply?
- Applicants can apply for the programme in either of the following two ways:
- Online application: Please visit the CEIBS Executive Education website, then select the programme you want to take and click “Apply Now” to apply for the programme; or
- Submit application form via e-mail: Please contact the CEIBS Customer Service Team to request the electronic version of the application. After completing the form, please e-mail it to the team at email@example.com.
- Applications are reviewed as they arrive and admissions are subject to the final confirmation of CEIBS. Applications are requested at least 20 days before the programme start date. Any applications received after that date will be considered on the basis of space availability. For more information, please contact our Customer Service Team in Shanghai, Beijing or Shenzhen.
- Once the application is accepted, an Executive Education Programme Confirmation and Payment Advice will be sent to the participant.
- Programme fee should be paid 15 days or more prior to the programme start date. Immediate payment is required in cases where an application is received within 15 days of the programme start date. The fee covers tuition, lunches, teaching materials, stationery, other course materials and interpretation and translation fees if required. The invoice for the programme fee will be provided individually to participants during the programme.
- Cancellations or changes in programme registration may be made without penalty if made at least 15 days before the start of the programme. If a confirmed booking is cancelled within 15 days of the start of the programme, or if the applicant fails to attend the programme, a cancellation fee equal to 20 percent of the total programme fee will be charged. When a request to substitute participant(s) for the same programme is made fewer than 15 days before the start of the programme, the seat(s) cannot be guaranteed. If an applicant is unable to attend the programme, the applicant may transfer to a different session of the same programme or another CEIBS Executive Education programme within the same calendar year, but must pay any difference in fees between the two programmes. All changes and cancellations are subject to the final confirmation of CEIBS.
Note: Application procedures may differ for different multi-module programmes. Please refer to the webpages for introduction of each multi-module programme.
- Applicants can apply for the programme in either of the following two ways:
- How can I prepare for the programme?
CEIBS Executive Education programmes often last for 3 to 5 days on end and include lectures, case discussions, group presentations, business simulations, or other activities. The participants will face great challenges to their energy and focus during programmes. Inadequate mental and academic preparation may cause difficulties in understanding the essence of the professors’ lectures and getting actively involved in class discussions. We suggest that participants advise colleagues in advance that they may not be able to respond to phone calls and e-mails during the programme.
For both companies selecting participants and for individual managers being selected, participation in CEIBS programmes represents a significant investment. Participants who are unable to fully dedicate themselves to the programme because of continued work-related duties during the course may not achieve all of the expected benefits of the training.
Most professors prepare pre-reading materials for the participants that include cases and extensive reading materials. CEIBS programme coordinators will mail the materials to the participants several weeks in advance. All participants are required to carefully read the materials beforehand; otherwise, group discussions and class discussions can hardly proceed given the limited time that professors allocate for reading cases in class.
- How else should I prepare for participation in the programme?
- Carefully read the pre-reading materials (if any) in advance and bring them with you.
- Carefully read the Logistics Guide and Reply Sheet; it will be sent to you by the programme coordinator about two weeks prior to the programme’s start date.
- Bring your business cards with you.
- What is the daily schedule for the programmes?
The daily schedule is as follows.
First session 09:00-10:30
Morning tea 10:30-10:45
Second session 10:45-12:30
Third session 14:00-15:30
Afternoon tea 15:30-15:45
Fourth session 15:45-17:30
The schedule may change as required by professors, and the arrangement of the evening session will depend on individual programme requirements.
For any participant who has special dietary requirements, please inform the programme coordinator for special arrangements.
- How should I choose among the programmes?
CEIBS Executive Education offers a wide spectrum of programmes to meet the diverse needs of different companies at various stages of growth. These programmes are customer oriented, and are designed for senior executives as well as for functional managers. You may use Programme Finder, a tool on the Executive Education section of the CEIBS website, to do a search based on your positions, learning objectives and business size. It offers you an opportunity to select your favourite programmes. Another option is to contact our customer service supervisor and customer manager to outline your company – or individual – training requirements, and learn more about specific CEIBS programmes. With in-depth knowledge of CEIBS programmes and faculty, they are experts at helping your company find the most suitable programme – or having one tailor made to meet your needs.
- What are the strengths of CEIBS Executive Education?
- Given its 32-year history of management education and 26-year experience in executive education, CEIBS (with its predecessor CEMI established in 1984) is the pioneering institution for management education in mainland China, and so far has provided nearly 200,000 person-trainings for middle and senior level managers.
- All faculty members are from world-renowned business schools in Asia, Europe and America, and possess rich experience in company consultancy and deep knowledge of China’s business environment.
- CEIBS attracts professionals from a diverse range of industry backgrounds, providing an environment that supports intellectual and professional exchange, as well as mutual learning among peers
- The programmes are structured to provide sufficient time for both teaching and group or individual discussions, so as to ensure a thorough understanding of lectures.
- How can I get to CEIBS?
- From Pudong Airport
- Option 1: by Taxi. You can take a taxi from Pudong Airport to CEIBS, a roughly 45-minute-ride that should cost around 130 RMB.
- Option 2: by Airport Shuttle Bus. You can take No. 3 Airport Shuttle Bus and get off at the third stop, Longyang Road, then take a taxi to CEIBS. The taxi fee is around 25 RMB.
- Option 3: by Maglev Train. You can get off at Longyang Road Station and then take a taxi to CEIBS. You'll spend 40 RMB on the one-way train ticket if you prove flight arrival on the same day of travel by showing your airline ticket (otherwise it's 50 RMB), and the taxi fee is about 25 RMB.
- From Hongqiao Airport T1
- Option 1: by Taxi. You can take a taxi to CEIBS, a roughly 50-minute-ride that should cost around 110 RMB.
- Option 2: Get off at Shanghai Metro Line No. 10 at Nanjing Road (East) Station, change to Line No. 2 at the same station, and then get off at Shanghai Science and Technology Museum Station to take a taxi. The taxi fee is around 25 RMB.
- From Hongqiao Airport T2
- Option 1: by Taxi. You can take a roughly 1-hour taxi ride to CEIBS for around 130 RMB.
- Option 2: Get off the Shanghai Metro Line No. 2 at Shanghai Science and Technology Museum Station to take a taxi. The taxi fee is around 25 RMB.
- From Shanghai Railway Station
- Option 1: You can take a taxi to CEIBS for about 60 RMB.
- Option 2: Get off the Shanghai Metro Line No. 1 at People's Square, change to Lane No. 2 at the same station, and then get off at Shanghai Science and Technology Museum Station to take a taxi. The taxi fee is about 25 RMB.
- From Shanghai South Railway Station
- Option 1: You can take a taxi to CEIBS for about 80 RMB.
- Option 2: Get off the Shanghai Metro Line No. 1 at People's Square, change to Line No. 2 at the same station, and then get off at Shanghai Science and Technology Museum Station to take a taxi. The taxi fee is about 25 RMB.
- From Hongqiao Railway Station
- Option 1: You can take a taxi to CEIBS for about 140 RMB.
- Option 2: Get off the Shanghai Metro Line No. 2 at Shanghai Science and Technology Museum Station to take a taxi. The taxi fee is about 25 RMB.
- From Pudong Airport
- How about the accommodations?
If the programme you will attend is offered in Shanghai, we suggest that you stay in the CEIBS Student Residence on our new campus. Inaugurated in August 2013, CEIBS Shanghai Campus (Phase III) has passed indoor air quality testing conducted by the most authoritative agency in Shanghai, in conformity with the US' LEED system for energy conservation and environmental protection. Based on the concept of simplicity and convenience, each room, which occupies an area of 20 square metres, is equipped with a comfortable single bed and a private bathroom, with free wireless broadband Internet access available.
For more information about the CEIBS Student Residence please contact:
Tel.: +86-21 2890 5700
CEIBS Student Residence Video Tour
If there are no vacant rooms available in the CEIBS Student Residence, you may stay at one of the many nearby hotels. Our programmeme coordinator will email you the Logistics Guide & Reply Sheet around two weeks before the programme begins, and this will include information on the hotels available for booking so that you may make your own choice. The programme coordinator can help you with booking, but rooms shall be subject to confirmation by the hotel. Each participant is required to pay the room rate and all other expenses incurred during his stay. The shuttle bus offered by the hotel takes you to CEIBS every morning and back to the hotel after the course. (During check-in, please ask the hotel's reception desk for detailed information about their shuttle bus. Please note that shuttle bus service shall be subject to confirmation by the hotel.)
Hotels adjacent to CEIBS include:
- Shanghai Marriott Hotel Pudong East
- Ramada Plaza Pudong, Shanghai
- Citadines Shanghai Biyun Apartment
- Grand Metropark Jiayou Hotel
If the programme you will attend is not offered in Shanghai, our programme coordinator will email you the Logistics Guide & Reply Sheet around two weeks before the programme begins, and this will include information on the hotels available for booking so that you may make your own choice.
- What are the other facilities on CEIBS campus?
- Gift shop: Should you wish to buy CEIBS souvenirs and management books, you may find them in the gift shop on the 1st floor of the commons building on Phase III of the campus.
- Free Internet Service: Free Wi-Fi service is available across the entire campus.
- Library: CEIBS library, named Global Resources Information Centre, opens from 8:30 a.m. to 22:00 p.m. See relevant details here.
- Fitness Centre: Recreational facilities such as a gymnasium, badminton and basketball courts, and various body-building apparatus are available in CEIBS Fitness Centre from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. every day. Don't forget to take your sportswear with you if you'd like to exercise.
- How can I arrange for my dinner?
If there are no evening lectures, you are encouraged to make your own arrangements for dinner. The two dining halls at CEIBS Shanghai Campus, Sanquan Restaurant and Brix 12, are open till 20:00pm. There are also many restaurants nearby. For details, please visit dianping.com
- How can I get to downtown Shanghai?
CEIBS is situated in the Pudong New Area and you can get downtown by:
- Taxi: It costs about 50RMB to get to People's Square from CEIBS.
- Shanghai Metro: Take a taxi to the Shanghai Science and Technology Museum station of Shanghai Metro Line No.2 (about 25 RMB) and go downtown by Metro (about 3 to 4 RMB). Please refer to shmetro.com for the routes and schedules of Shanghai Metro.